Adventurers, by their very nature, go further, ask more questions and accept fewer excuses. The Adventure Academy is a one month, short term study abroad programme that provides you with the platform to become an adventurer in your own right.
Over the course of four weeks, you’ll undergo intensive training in sailing and seamanship, scuba diving, sea kayaking, bushcraft and navigation. You’ll develop leadership skills that will empower you to become a citizen of influence and gain a deeper understanding of the natural world and ocean around us – a great way to enhance your environmental or marine biology studies. You’ll also develop physical fitness and self-reliance, and skills in adventurous outdoor pursuits that will enable you to get out and experience the outdoors for life.
Whether you’re taking a ‘J-Term’, summer or winter break, New Zealand’s spectacular Bay of Islands is a great place to study abroad – the days are long, climate mild and ocean warm, so you’ll get the most out of every single day of this month-long adventure. Join us on the Adventure Academy, and become an adventurer – for good.
- Age: 18+
- Location: Bay of Islands, New Zealand
- Duration: 4 Weeks
- Next Intake: 15 Oct - 12 Nov
WHAT YOU’LL ACHIEVE
- Build physical fitness and skills in adventurous pursuits
- Learn how to manage medical emergencies in remote environments
- Discover the rich cultural heritage of the Maori people
- Develop leadership skills through experience and action
- Enhance your English language skills (optional)
- Become an Adventurer for Good
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Intake Dates: We are currently accepting registrations of interest for 2018
- Course fees: NZ$8,990 – includes accommodation, food & specialist equipment
- Location: Bay of Islands, Far North, New Zealand
- Ages: 18+
- Requirements: You must be physically fit and highly motivated.
START YOUR ADVENTURE
Take the first of many bold leaps forward, and register your interest in the Adventure Academy programme. Complete the form below and we will be in touch to begin planning your adventure.